Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wax On, Wax Off!

Let it be known throughout the land: Waxing a car (by oneself!) is, in my official opinion, grunt work. For real. I had myself a slew of cancellations today (meaning my clients canceled for various reasons), so I decided to do something productive with my time off. I washed and waxed my car. All by myself.

I rather enjoy washing my car, honestly. I don't always do a dynamite job, but I do well enough to get rid of all those water marks and bird poos. Well today, since I had the time, I thought I'd go the extra mile. So I purchased some Turtle Wax, turned on some tunes, and set to work...

I'm not quite sure how long it took me, but it took a long time. I was out in the sunny heat for quite a while! And I'm almost embarrassed at how tired it made me! I've decided that I will never do that job by myself again! "I have counted to three." (If anyone can figure out which movie that quote came from, that'd just make my day.)

Anyway, here're some pictures of my hard work. I should've taken a picture of the way my car looked before because my car was sick! And I know that nobody will appreciate my hard work quite like I will. AND, I was only going to post one picture...but I worked hard enough that I wanted to show it from different angles. Admire my hard work!

What an attractive car...

"Ooo, Gina! Your car looks delicious!"

8 comments:

Amy said...

Waxing a car is a pain! The last time I waxed my car I tried to hurry and it didn't look near as good as yours does. If you get bored again and you want to do something, mine needs rewaxed. :-)

Gallant Family said...

Dang--it does look delicious!!! Oh, and it will probaly rain tomorrow, right??? Well, maybe not until Sunday/Monday according to the weather.

Anonymous said...

mmm.. and do I detect a hint of minty freshness? guess that dent didnt wax off when you waxed on. You did such a good job.. i'll just let you go ahead and do mine too! You rawk!

Hillary said...

Waxing is miserable! Way to go though. You stuck through to the end. It looks great.

JamieG said...

So, despite what they said at missy's reception, your roommates have not sent me their email addresses so that I can invite them to read our blog. can you send them to me? thanks, pal.
;)
oh, btw your wax job looks great.
that could really be taken out of context now couldn't it.
you of course would never take anything out of context.
love you.
the latter half of patmie

Peter and Julia said...

Very good job little tall darling. I am so proud of you. It is a wonderful accomplishment:)

B&B Goldsberry said...

NICE JOB!! I have to agree with you! I HATE waxing the car! Brandon does it to both cars in the spring and in the fall. I am a brat, but I hate it so bad that I refuse to help! Poor Brandon does it all alone. Maybe one of these days, I will be nice and help him! Your car looks Fantastic!!

Emily said...

Your car looks GREAT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...