One year ago today, Andy took me on our first date.
As we've been anticipating our one-year-of-knowing-each-other anniversary, Andy and I have been reminiscing a lot, and talking about how fast things can change.
Andy and I went skiing/snowboarding at the beginning of the month, and we drove past my last apartment on our way up. The very apartment that Andy helped me move into less than two weeks after we met. The apartment I lived in for a grand total of...114 days, if my math is right. The very apartment where Andy and I spent the majority of our time dating--especially if you consider all the time we Skyped. The same apartment where Andy and I first said the "L" word, right there on my couch in the living room. I'll never drive by that apartment without thinking of falling in love with Andy...
As we celebrated Andy's birthday in January, I reminded him, "Last year was your last birthday as a single man, and you had no idea what was coming."
A lot of our conversations end up with me saying, "You had no idea what was coming." (Not because I'm a bad wife, and not because I didn't show him my real self before we got married--but because, I think, he's just seen MORE of my real self. I mean, we we're with each other a
lot since we got married, and we've gotten to know each other
really well over the past seven months; we know each other's likes and dislikes and quirks. And as far as quirks are concerned, I have a lot more than Andy does. Lucky Andy!)
But I digress...
I feel lucky that Andy and I have settled into marriage as easily as we have. I know things will change when babies come, but I'm not entirely sure it won't be just as wonderful. Life with Andy by my side is fun, and he helps make my life feel less stressful, too, probably because he's such a calm soul.
We keep ourselves busy with family and church callings and light traveling and seasonal fun.
 |
| These are two of the four jack-o-lanterns we carved. |
 |
| At the pumpkin walk in North Logan. |
 |
| I made apple torte maybe in November? I need to make it again! |
 |
| We've gone to church a LOT of times :) |
 |
| We had Thanksgiving with my family, and my pie plate met an untimely end. |
 |
| I used my new pie birds in some apple pies/crisps. |
 |
| We decorated for Christmas. Our tree was called Clara. |
 |
| Just before heading to Andy's work Christmas party. |
 |
| Temple Square. The Saturday before Christmas. With every other Mormon in SLC. |
 |
| A photographer kindly volunteered to take our pic. |
 |
We spent Christmas with our Duncans in IF.
I got Andy a Death Star Perplexus, and all the Duncanses LOVED it. |
 |
| My Duncanses (minus Sadie and Riley) |
 |
| We rang in the New Year playing a crazy game (Betrayal at the House on the Hill?) with Brent |
 |
| Also on NYE, Andy made the most amazing stir-fry I've ever had. #DuncanTradition |
 |
| Our wedding photos are up!! |
 |
| Andy's birthday cake. This stuff is maybe the best cake I've ever had. |
 |
| Riding at Beaver Mountain. |
 |
| The Ice Castles in Midway! |
 |
| Sitting on a frozen throne. |
 |
| I end up making pie quite often because we want it. |
 |
| Temple date |
 |
| It's been a long, cold winter, so I've been focussing on how darned beautiful Cache Valley is. |
 |
| This is how I "watched" the Super Bowl. I hung out with Jane, Julie and baby Wade. And eating. |
 |
| Matchy-matchy shirts. (Proof of Andy's love for me.) |
Golly, I like being married to my Andrew.
1 comment:
you've certainly crammed it in :-) and so much time still for more - proper class that is -- you look good together - though the matchy shirts are distressing :-)
Post a Comment