I watched UP for the first time yesterday as I supped on a delish dish of lasagna prepared by Brooker's momma. (Oh my heck, that was one delectable dinner! There was even dessert: caramel brownies! YUM!) And can I just say? UP is such a cute movie! Seriously, why didn't I go and see that one in the theater? There is so darn much to love about that movie. I think I'll buy it one day. I know there were some sad parts to it, but I totally laughed like a child on several occasions; and over all, the movie just made me feel good. Loved it.
If you read my previous post, you know that I think 2010 is over-rated. But honestly, I wasn't sure if it was the new year that I hated, or just the month of January. Because, can I just say? January is a horrible month. I think it has something to do with the winter-ness of the month; it gets dead cold North of Zion. Plus, it feels like an entire month full of Mondays; and January is one of the LONG months! Ugh! So glad it's over!
Having said that...can I just say? February ain't fabulous either. It's got its perks (which are twofold): 1-It marks the end of January, and 2-Groundhog Day. See, the only real good days in February are the first two. (I skipped Valentine's Day on purpose, okay? I'm sure I'll like that holiday okay when I find me a husband...and that annoys me about myself, so we're not gonna go there.)
Concerning Groundhog Day in North of Zion; it really doesn't mean Jack Squat. Up here, winter lasts until mid-April or so. But can I just say? I love Groundhog Day! Honestly, I think it's stellar to begin Thinking Spring, regardless of what the weather does to dampen one's spirits. Thinking Spring is so darn lovely! Plus, there's the classic movie, I think you've heard of it. It's called Groundhog Day. (I love that movie...)
I'm not a real fan of pomegranate ever since that fateful day after school when I was a wee lass. I mean, I don't hate it; I could eat a few seeds if it really meant something to someone I love. It just doesn't do it for me. But can I just say? I kind of love pomegranate/tangerine sherbet. I'm not quite sure what prompted me to buy it, but there I was at WinCo (pronounced wink-o, just so you're awares), walking with a purpose towards the frozen treats section (or whatever it's called) to find some raspberry sherbet. Because, can I just say? Sherbet makes me smile. Anyway...I completely planned on buying the raspberry variety; but when I opened the freezer door to grab the raspberry, my hands grabbed the pom/tanj. I looked at it, blinking, wondering how that happened, and then I proceeded to put the pom/tanj sherbet in my shopping cart. That was on, I think, Friday. And today I tasted it. And it's kind of scrumtrulescent. (Does disliking pomegranate but enjoying its sherbet make me a hypocrite? I wonder...)

13 comments:
As a food professional I can say with authority that there is no hypocrisy in disliking poms and liking pom/tan sherbet. Let's be honest most anything is good when made into a sugar filled frozen treat!
i am in complete accordance with how you feel about january. i DESPISE the month. utterly. completely. and whole-heartedly. ask anyone who knows me, i complain about the month on a daily basis. february just feels better knowing that january is GONE! OVER! even if it is very similar to the month of january. at least its shorter for heavens sake! i miss you, and love your blog!
I'm going to WinCo with some of my buddies sometime. they have some cheap, tasty meat that, and I need to score me some of that. and that sherbett sounds tasty, but I was under the impression you hated sherbet (or was it just ice cream?). in any case, January's been a real b****, I'm rather looking forward to February.
I loved the movie UP as well. My boys are a HUGE fan of it. Noah has it on his lists of favorites cause he would watch it all the time if I would let him. I would have to agree about Jan. although I don't totally hate the month I do like to see it go because that means we are that much closer to SPRING and I am so ready for it to be warm and pleasant outside. Oh and the sherbet looks tasty...
1. Up is fantastic. Loved loved loved it.
B. Yes February has been lame. I've had to work both days so far. I mean what the crap is that?
III. I love sherbert. I think the last time I had sherbert I was still giggling about the fact there was a word like sherbert. In fact, I still giggle when I say sherbert. Sherbert. Sheerrrrberrrt. Lol ahh i love it.
SQUIRREL!
wow I need to try that sherbet. now.
I love sherbet.
You aren't the only one who has no love for vday. Gary thinks it is a contrived holiday. And he's married, to me, in fact. I agree but don't tell him. This year I'll be spending it with my parents while Gary goes yurting with the snow shoes I purchased for him like a loving wife would.
I love the clarification on WinCo.
We have a similar situation with Costco. Which is Cosco or as Olea says it: Scosko
oh yes, and UP even better than the raved Princess and Frog, which I liked but LOVEd UP more.
I toldja, Up is wonderful. I was pretty surprised you hadn't seen it until now. One of my faves. Pixar is safe to spend $8.50 a ticket on, even when it's about a grumpy old man. Although I guess I already had the soul of a grumpy old man.
Don't forget about June snow storms up here!
I have to say that I LOVE pomegranates, so I can't be with you on that one, but I am seriously going to have to go buy that stuff. I haven't met a sherbet I didn't like! Thanks for enlightening me about this flavor.
Trust me. V-day with a husband ain't all it's cracked up to be. Court complains every year that just because "society" says it's the day to express love, it doesn't mean he has to do a bunch of "fancy crap." Lame-o. Nice excuse! Maybe I have too high of expectations. Anyway, all I know is that we usually end up mad on V-day. :) I think V-day is for people in love who are still dating and not married! Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised this year...not likely.
I love the movie UP too & we are so so ready for the warmth of spring also. Hey a long time ago you put a recipe for a serbert slush or something. It sounded yummy but I never made it. Could you email that to me? Thx!
Wait ... did you seriously scan the sherbet carton? Wouldn't that have sticky-fied the scanner? Or at least given it some level of frostbite? (I know about that frostbite stuff.)
Now that you're gone, I'm going to have to try this sherbet for myself. Is there any left? There may not be by the time you get home. You've sold me on it already.
Love that you loved Mama's 'sagna. Love that you loved UP. Favorite part of the moment "he climbs Mt. Everest .... he goes AROUND Mt. Everest!"
Thanks for the visual of your sherbet purchase. I can just see you "wondering how" you grabbed that one instead. Love it! Love you! Oh yes. Yes, I do.
Post a Comment