Monday, May 31, 2010

i like my life...

Man, oh man...I hate it that I've gone nearly 2 weeks without posting. But at the same time...I've been kinda busy and having fun, so I won't beat myself up too much over it.

the Ginabean turns 28:

Mm-kay, so first off, my birthday came and went, and I'll have to tell you all about it. Because it's worth mentioning. (We experienced every season in one single day up here in North-of-Zion. Happy birthday. To me.) A group of my good buddies met up and we went to Mesa Falls. Even though it was early and the weather didn't look promising, we went. (My friends are so adventurous!)

Proof that we saw a bit of sun that day...

Along the way...

Lisa, Moi, Brooke...

Brent came along.
He made me do this pose.
He called it the Marky Mark...

A change in the elements...
(SNOW! Humbug!!!)
Looks like Jeanna wasn't too thrilled about it either...

Me and Keri...

When we got to the lower falls, I thought I'd snap a few pictures of Brent at the water's edge. Long story short: I fell in. For reals. But it was only my left foot and my right hand (because Skyler was there to save me from my death). Skyler really is a good fella; he gave me an extra sock he just happened to have in his backpack, then he took my wet shoe and dried it out as well as he could. (I later found out he actually gave me the sock off his foot! Who does that?! I felt bad afterward. Geez!)

Brent at the water's edge...

Skyler taking care of my wet foot situation...

The socks...

The entire group at the upper falls...
In no particular order: Lisa, Heather, Natalie, Beth, Cameron, Tara, Brookie,
Brooker, Skyler, Keri, Jeanna, Taletha, Bryan, Brent, Gina, Matthew, Chris

On the drive home, we bumped into very inclement weather.
Seriously, a blizzard. On my birthday.
I'd like to never say "It snowed on my birthday" ever again!
(This picture does the blizzard no justice at all!)

That evening (after the blizzard passed) we had a BBQ at Jason and Lisa's place. We grilled kabobs! So. Delicious. Approximately 300 people showed up...even a few people I didn't know! I felt oh, so loved, and I was content to enjoy a grilled kabob (or two) for my birthday dinner. YUM!

Bro. Kocsis workin' his magic at the grill...


SOFTBALL!!!

Our softball game was canceled on May 24 due to rain. Lots and lots of rain. But we played that Wednesday (5/26), and we totally won! Also, Brooker snapped a few pictures. (Thanks, Brooker!)

Up to bat...

Me and Brooker in the dugout...

Team huddle at the end...
(Do you like the attractiveness of our shirts? I sure do...)


Quick trip Home...

This past Friday morning, I went home to visit with the fam. It. Was. Stellar. I spent lots of time playing with Janiebug. And you know what's awesome? Abby puts Jane's hair in pigtails now, and it might just be the cutest thing I've ever seen. Seriously.

Also spent some time with Mom and Dad, Brent, Abby, Goose, Janel, and Marshall. I even talked Dad into making some Dutch Oven potatoes Saturday. (Oh MAN, Dad's Dutch Oven potatoes are some of the most amazing things in this wide world!)

A few pictures of my quick trip home...

Pretty little Jane...

Teeth!

She's totally asking for it (getting her little cheeks kissed off)...

Like father, like son...


Gramma helped Janie do a little dance.
While it was happening, this made me laugh till I cried...

5 comments:

Jeanna said...

I think that is one of my better poses EVER!!!

Thanks for the laugh. (T even had to come to see what I was laughing about.)

It was a very fun hike and kabob party-- even with the weather.

Brooke said...

I like your life, too! I was gonna be a bit wounded that I wasn't in your pictures until I got to the softball game. We're good now. Thanks for making me a part of this. :D

Brent said...

that hike... I'm terrified of heights and I'm out of shape. I must be out of my effing mind.

but holy crap, how cute is Janie with those pigtails?!

Unknown said...

I think it should be required that everybody do the Marky Mark on their birthday. I will keep that in mind for my 27th!

Dee said...

Wow! Sounds like you've had some fun adventures lately! And as a side note, I can't believe how long Brooke (Brookie's) hair is getting! And I've heard of someone giving you the shirt off their back, but wow, the sock off their foot, that is pretty darn impressive. Thankfully you didn't know until later--.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...