Friday, May 6, 2011

I Really Should Drink More Water...

Holy crap, it's been a long workweek. Which is interesting, because work has been slow. What is it with all these cancellations and no-shows? I mean, really!

I did have an interesting something happen at work this week...but I think publishing it on my blog might breech HIPAA. Which is too bad, 'cause it's a funny story. (Well it is now; it sure wasn't while it was happening...)

In other news, I gave blood today; it's something I do pretty much every 8 weeks (as long as my blood has enough iron, of course; going in to donate blood and then being cast away because one's blood is "iron-poor" is a slap in the face! Why don't you just go ahead and call me anemic or something! Sheesh...) Anyway; today my iron count was perfect (I win!). While I was in the process of donating, the guy next to me very nearly passed out, for real. He got sweaty and light-headed, and he was getting all sorts of attention from the American Red Cross staff. (Poor guy; he was so embarrassed. Apparently a granola bar doesn't qualify as "breakfast" in the "man-world.") I told him to milk the situation as much as he could, in an endearing sort of way. I think he loved me before I left.

After giving the gift of life, I ran some errands (including, but not limited to, paying the sponsorship fee for coed softball--can't wait!). It was about an hour later that I started feeling light-headed and woozy. So I made my way home and took a two-hour nap. (Hmm...usually, giving blood doesn't take it out of me like that. Curious...)

I did make some amazing chocolate cinnamon cookies the other day...

These bad boys are my favorite cookie.
And as Brooke said, "That's really saying something!"
(Thanks for the recipe, Jamie G!)

Oh geez, this post is boring.

This is me being frustrated

You wouldn't think it was boring if I told you what happened at work this past week...

5 comments:

Madi said...

You must post that recipe! I NEED to make me some :)

Coretta from Confetti said...

Oh Gina! I love you. "oh geez this post is boring." I laughed so hard!

JamieG said...

isn't there any way to disguise pertinent info to tell your story?

rhonda said...

Recipe please! And bravo on respecting your patients privacy.

v said...

You are so good to give blood. I used to do the plasma thing for money and it makes me slightly sick just thinking about it. I LOVED talking last night and can't wait to hang out with you again. Oh, and last night as I was singing Jane to sleep and singing "We are happy family" I sang "I love ____________" and waited her to fill in the blank... and she said Gina. She loves you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...