Friday, April 4, 2008

I am LOVED!

Tonight I drove down to Brigham City with my roommates to stay the night at my folks' place. Tomorrow we'll watch the morning session of General Conference (yipee!) and then head down to SLC to meet up with the branch for the remainder of the day.

More on that later.

About an hour ago, Lisa and Brooke sent me on a little "treasure hunt" around my parents' home...something to do with my upcoming birthday? I was a little confused and somewhat nervous. (Lisa's a little prankster, as you may recall from previous posts.) Anyway...this treasure hunt was AWESOME...Lisa had written up little rhymes, etc. And at the end of this little treasure hunt was a little itinerary for a trip to CHICAGO! Brooke, Lisa, Janell and I are headed to Chicago for a fun weekend mid-May! (Thanks to my folks and brotheres as well for helping out with the tickets, etc.) HOW AWESOME ARE MY FRIENDS?!? I was speechless for a moment and then freaked right out...I can't wait!

Here's some of what's on the itinerary:

WICKED! I finally get to see the play...I already love the music!






















"OK Go" in concert!

I love to see the Temple...

















Chicago PIZZA! The REAL stuff in the REAL city!

So...I realize that it's almost MIDNIGHT, but I'm still pretty dang excited at the thought! We'll be leaving May 15 and coming back May 18. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I'll be sure to take pictures and let ya know ALL about it!

YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

The Thatchers said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is exciting!! I was right next door and had NO idea that was going on...ha ha!! Congrats, hope you have LOTS of FUN!!

Mandi said...

WOW! You have got to bring me back one of those pizzas!

Emily said...

WOW! That sounds like a blast :) I am glad you are so blessed with great friends to pal around with.

Tracie said...

It sounds like tons of fun. I'm glad we can talk about it with you in the room now. I wish I could go too!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hi Gina!
Thanks for the great recipe websites. I can't wait to check them out! With my meager cooking skills, I really could use all the help I can get!

Also,I love your blog and am excited to be blog buddies. I actually can't remember if I ever met you at BYU-I. Joel and I were friends up there before his mission, and I'm not sure, but maybe we met.....Either way though, it's nice to see you.
As I was looking at your blog, I noticed a fun post you did a while back about coming up with your super-hero name, etc. That was pretty funny (especially your Star Wars name) and I want to try that soon on our blog. Hopefully nothing scandalous shows up!

Hillary said...

How freakin' lucky are you? That sounds like a lot of fun. I enjoyed the book, so i'm sure the play is even better!

Peter and Julia said...

YOu get to eat real Chicago Deep Dish pizza! How amazingly lucky you are and you should kiss your roomates for taking you! It is really sad all I was excited about was the pizza! Have fun at the plays too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...