Tuesday, July 21, 2009

the Happiest Place on Earth!

Day 3: The Sabbath
12 July

Basically, Sunday was mostly unremarkable. Brooke and I made a valiant effort to go to church, but the public transportation system totally failed us. I like to think that the Lord will bless us for our efforts anyway. On Sunday evening, Lisa returned, and Brooker joined our ranks. Hooray!

Days 4-5: Disneyland/California Adventure
13-14 July

I had never been to Disneyland before, and initially I wasn't overly excited about it. But then we got to Anaheim, and I swear I could feel the magic coming from the direction of said park. As we approached the gate, the magic was dang-near tangible.

I am fully convinced that Disneyland truly is the Happiest Place on Earth. It's just so darn fun! Also, CA Adventure was pretty dynamite too. (My two favorite rides--Tower of Terror and Soarin'--are in CA Adventure.)

We didn't take a TON of pictures during those days 'cause we were having too much fun running around like children in...Disneyland. One thing worth mentioning, though, is that I took me some Dramamine the first day in order to stave off the motion sickness. My problem is that I didn't get the non-drowsy formula; I didn't think it would make a difference.

Oh how wrong I was.

I did pretty well for the most part, but the rides that were a bit slower totally put me to sleep (i.e., Pirates of the Caribbean, and I think maybe the Jungle Cruise? Also, sitting down for lunch nearly killed me.) -Needless to say, I didn't repeat that mistake on day 2 of our Disney-visit...

And now...the pictures (in no particular order):

Outside the park are Mickey Mouse benches.
I totally loved them.

This picture is slightly embarrassing, and the reasons are twofold.
1) The Minnie Mouse hair clips (Way cheaper than the hats, though)
2) I was the oldest person in line waiting to meet Woody.
But meet him I did, and I'm telling myself that Seth will be impressed.

What Dramamine did to Ginabean...

MY FAVORITE RIDE! (no contest!)

I love this picture--it was our first time on the Tower, and our expressions tell all:
(I'm laughing, by the way...laughing hard)
I love the kid's face in the back left corner. A very sincere scream!

California Screamin'
This roller coaster is terrifying...but oh, so fun!

O is for my last name...
(from the "CALIFORNIA" outside CA Adventure)

Our last run on Splash Mountain (1st day), it broke down.
So glad we almost made it to the end before it broke!

I liked the square tree and Nessie by "It's a Small World."
(You gotta go on that ride at least once!)

Trying on a crazy Mouse-ear hat...

I got kinda wet on the...wet ride that isn't Splash Mountain.
The one in CA Adventure...

Okay, so between the four of us, I guess we did end up with a lot of pictures. There are more. (Many more.) But I think you've got the general idea...

IT. WAS. AWESOME!

6 comments:

Coretta from Confetti said...

fun brubgs back memories of Gary and I going to Disney World. Love Tower of Terror. flipping afraid of it but loved it all the same.

Hillary said...

Ohhhhh I love Disneyland.

Peter and Julia said...

jealous and that's all. i am not excited that you got to go at all (of course you can probably see my face right now and it is full of envy) I LOVE DISNEYLAND! I am glad you had tons of fun and the hair clips were my favorite pic of all.

Jeanna said...

Looks like you girlies had so much fun, I'm jealous! Next time take me with you, ok? :-)

Becca said...

=) So jealous. I love tower of terror, too. My fave in Cali Adventure. However, splash mountain takes the gold.

Katie Joyce said...

I agree. Possibly the most sincere scream ever. Your face, however, leaves much open for commentage. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...