Monday, August 31, 2009

adieu, august...

Work has been super stressful lately, and it's kinda put a damper on the rest of my life; I'm trying hard to be positive, really I am. I didn't get my usual Friday off last week because bumloads of paperwork had to be started and finished by today in order to get paid for the month of August. Just found out about it Thursday evening.

-To make a long story short, let's suffice it to say that the paperwork would've been completely unnecessary if our old billing hospital would've been champs instead of chumps. I'm harboring feelings of animosity towards said hospital. (I'm not the only one; every therapist had to do the same thing.)

No real weekend for Gina this past week.

BUT...like I said, I'm trying to be positive. (Kinda living in the past and looking to the future since the present ain't the most happenin' place.)

Last weekend (22 Aug) I went to Harriman Park and biked around a bit with a few friends:

The crew:
Kylee, Brooke, Tara, Lisa J, moi, Brooker & Lisa...

Along the way...

Gloved girls taking a break.

Cooling off during our lunch break...
Tara, Kylee, Brooker, Lisa J

Ah, nature's lovely, isn't she?
(I took this one, thanks!)

It was a good time. I'm not gung-ho about biking down-hill so much. (I've gone over the handlebars more than once; past experience has turned me into a bit of a chicken.) But this trail was pretty nice, and it was a lovely day!

This upcoming weekend, I'll be heading down to Brigham for a girls weekend with Abby, baby Jane, and Momma. (Probably we'll let Brent hang out with us a bit too, since he'll be the only fella around; Dad, Vance and Goose are heading to TX to a BYU game.)

Here's to finding joy in the journey, present included...

PS Another shout-out to my Coretta-friend who has sent me 3 more excellent blog-headers. She is so talented and wonderful to share with me! Thanks, Lovetta!

5 comments:

Elyse said...

You just reminded me that my entire Saturday for the next 4 months will be consumed by BYU football-oh great. Is it that time of year already? I swear it just ended. Hope things at work get better! Way to be positive!

The Thatchers said...

Hahaha...love the "glove" picture!!

Eskimo Bob said...

You should practice some meditation - it really does wonders and is great prep for prayers.

Brent said...

yeah, good riddance August!

Melissa Giles said...

hey that looks like fun, where was i?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...