What the 2010?!
Old news, I know. We're well into our second day of the new decade, but I just caught up with the rest of the world, and I'm left scratching my head, wondering how the devil the past 10 years have zipped on by so darn fast!
Moving on...
First and foremost, I finished my list; I tried crab (thanks to Kelly for sharing). I went to Red Lobster with a few friends on Thursday evening, and I partook. It wasn't that bad, actually; I really liked the texture, and the taste wasn't all that fishy. But then...things got out of control, and my peers pressured me into trying lobster too (compliments of Josh). When I fought my way through that (gagging thrice), I announced to my peers that my list went from 18 to 19, hooray for me! And do you know what happened then? Matt said, "You should try one more thing to make it an even 20." And I caved! I caved, because 20 really does sound better than 19. And the only other thing at the table that I had not yet tried was coconut shrimp. (I'm a total dummy. I already know that I don't like shrimp, and I've long held the view that coconut destroys anything that it touches. Is it obvious to anyone else that coconut shrimp could never be a winning combination in my book?) Anyways, I did it. My list is complete. I am a brave soul indeed...
Trying the lobster...
The coconut shrimp...Enough of that...
Do you remember the post where I tried to talk myself into being excited for winter (especially the snow)? Well, quite honestly, I've considered myself lucky, because although it's been quite cold, I haven't had to deal with snow much.
Up until the New Year, I mean.
We've kinda gotten dumped on since the close of 2009. DUMPED ON. I've shoveled 3 times in the past 24 hours. And this snow is HEAVY.
Yesterday morning, Bro. Jenkins showed up with his snow blower, and he took care of our fatty driveway (THANKS A MILLION, BRO. JENKINS!). So Brookie and I thought we'd kinda "pay it forward" and shovel a neighbor's driveway. It took us a while, but we did it. (That's ONE.)
The snow, lovely and serene, continued to fall. All the live-long day. So yesterday afternoon, I shoveled again. Solo this time, but it was okay. (That's TWO.) After shoveling, I met up with Cookie at the theater to watch Sherlock Holmes (which I highly recommend), and then chillaxed at home with the Brookes.
The snow stopped falling at some point...
But then it started up again during the night, because I woke up to another 4 inches of snow. So I got dressed and shoveled again. (That's THREE.) Somehow, it keeps getting heavier. If I had any thoughts of being charitable, shoveling other people's driveways, too...well, those feelings were obliterated within minutes of removing the snow from my own. Brookie came out to help after she got dressed and had breakfast, which is great, because otherwise I might still be out there...
So now that there's buckets of snow out there, I'm being tested. I already know that being happy or excited about the snow is just not an option.
I'm working on tolerance without complaint...
Do you remember the post where I tried to talk myself into being excited for winter (especially the snow)? Well, quite honestly, I've considered myself lucky, because although it's been quite cold, I haven't had to deal with snow much.
Up until the New Year, I mean.
We've kinda gotten dumped on since the close of 2009. DUMPED ON. I've shoveled 3 times in the past 24 hours. And this snow is HEAVY.
Yesterday morning, Bro. Jenkins showed up with his snow blower, and he took care of our fatty driveway (THANKS A MILLION, BRO. JENKINS!). So Brookie and I thought we'd kinda "pay it forward" and shovel a neighbor's driveway. It took us a while, but we did it. (That's ONE.)
The snow, lovely and serene, continued to fall. All the live-long day. So yesterday afternoon, I shoveled again. Solo this time, but it was okay. (That's TWO.) After shoveling, I met up with Cookie at the theater to watch Sherlock Holmes (which I highly recommend), and then chillaxed at home with the Brookes.
The snow stopped falling at some point...
But then it started up again during the night, because I woke up to another 4 inches of snow. So I got dressed and shoveled again. (That's THREE.) Somehow, it keeps getting heavier. If I had any thoughts of being charitable, shoveling other people's driveways, too...well, those feelings were obliterated within minutes of removing the snow from my own. Brookie came out to help after she got dressed and had breakfast, which is great, because otherwise I might still be out there...
So now that there's buckets of snow out there, I'm being tested. I already know that being happy or excited about the snow is just not an option.
I'm working on tolerance without complaint...


6 comments:
You are one brave soul. You tried a lot of things this year. I'm not a fish kind of girl, but I really wanted to try a non-fishy-taste-or-smell fish last year. I tried shrimp instead. I don't like cocktail shrimp, but I had coconut shrimp tonight - and I actually liked it. I like coconut!
all I have to say is: SenSoRy!
I ould love to make fun of you right now, but you actually liked the crab (more or less), so 2 kudos. -1 kudos for gaggin while you ate lobster.
Okay-I just have to say that every time I read your posts I find myself laughing my guts out! Your humor is hilarious! Thanks for the laughs! Glad your Christmas was so stupendous!
Gina..."how can I count the ways I JUST LOVE YOU!" Haha! You seriously are so much fun to read...I can't stop laughing! It is like I am talking to you right now face to face! Never change!
Much LOVE coming from you in the little city of ghetto-ness, Poky!
That is fun. You're ridiculous. I want the complete list of the twenty, so I can see how many of them are legitimately bad, or that I wouldn't want to try. I can only think of haggis.
Post a Comment