Tuesday, January 12, 2010

run away home...

Last week got a bit stressful. I'm not going into detail on such a public forum, but let's just say things got hairy...or something like unto it. I was driving home from running a few errands when my daddy called, and suddenly I felt like my weekend would be best spent at home-home with my parents.

But first, I hurried home and changed, then went to the Temple. Because nothing soothes my soul as completely as the Temple. Just approaching the Temple grounds, I felt an absolute peace. Things were even better inside...

After my Temple Time, I went back to my place to change again, packed in a hurry, and drove to Zion, where dwell the pure in heart. (I'm talking about my family :)

I got to Utah whilst people were still at work, so I dropped by Vance's first thing. And I got to spend some quality time with this little angel:

Sweet baby Jane...
Jane is all about carrots these days; she loves 'em!

She was all smiles and giggles for about 15 minutes, is what. Holding a baby does something to this ginabean...it's almost like touching heaven.

As soon as my folks got home from work, we headed to Layton to babysit Jackson and Seth while A&A went to dinner with her family. Friday was Seth's birthday, and we celebrated with soft-serve ice cream from McDonald's, and playing and running around. (He's three, after all.)

This is what me and my Seff do occasionally...
I'm pretty sure we did this for something like 15 minutes.
Are you jealous?

I love this birthday boy,
what with his chocolatey eyes, his cherry cheeks, and his ice cream goatee...
(Suddenly I feel hungry...)

I also love his big brother, in all his handsome glory...

So yeah, Friday ended up being pretty good.

Saturday ended up being lovely too. I had a nice little visit with my folks, and got a blessing from my wonderful father. Goose, Janel and Marshall came over for a bit. I got my hair did by the lovely Lindsay. I chilled a bit with Vance, Abby and Janiebug. I ran some errands and test-drove some cars with my parents...

This was my favorite of the cars we tried.
I want this car...(in 4wd)
Now you know. It's a Chrysler 300.

My new 'do. Kinda dark, but I likes it...

And then I drove back to reality that very night, so I could get enough beauty sleep before church meetings started the next morning.

I love my family so much, and I'm SO GRATEFUL for their love and support. I'm also super glad I got to see EVERY MEMBER of my family this past weekend, especially on such a spur-of-the-moment trip. I loves them!!!

4 comments:

Brent said...

Seth looks like an adorable little leprechaun.

well, aren't you just the brunette fox! Lindsay does some mighty fine work. not sure who I'm going to get to do my hair in Rexburg. I can't put it off forever. my hair grows fast some somebody who's going bald.

Harward Family said...

That's awesome that you got to go home and visit. Being with family is the best thing ever. Your hair is so cute too. I love the color. It really brings out the color in your eyes. Glad that you had a good time. Oh and by the way that car is awesome. I really like those ones as well.

aworgill said...

I think you should go all the way black and do black lipstick. You have the soul of a Goth.

The Thatchers said...

Your nephews are getting so big!! Love the hair. Don't pay any attention to Aaron...he just jealous!! haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...