I totally meant to post about my trip to Vegas with Lisa (for Janell's wedding!!!), like, last week. But I didn't. So I'm going to do that right now. When I'm lacking wit. (Here goes!)
Lisa and I left P-Town early on the morning of June 4th...and you know what? I've always scoffed at a place called Fillmore, Utah (mostly to bug my friend Jered who hails from there)...but guess what? It's actually quite stunning down there this time of year. See for yourself...
We made it to Vegas by lunchtime. Our first stop was Trader Joe's, because we love that place. (We should've had lunch first, because it's always a horrible idea to go food shopping when you're famished. Just sayin'.) Then we hit our favorite deli in Vegas, Tropical Smoothie Cafe. They serve delish wraps and smoothies. Seriously, yum.
(As a side note...why do I have to be a dumdum and confuse buffalo sauce with BBQ? I love BBQ sauce so much, and don't really like buffalo sauce, so...I was very disappointed when I ordered the buffalo chicken wrap and figured out the hard way--for the 2nd time within a week or so--that buffalo is not synonymous with BBQ. Couldn't even finish the wrap, which hurts my feelings...)
Then we were off to the Stratosphere to ride the Big Shot! Wahoo! What a thrill! Lisa's hands were shaking for a few minutes even after we got off the ride. Ha!
This bad boy is 1, 081 feet up...
...with a 160 ft drop going 45 mph!After a bit, we eventually made our way to the New York New York for the roller coaster there. But not before I developed a heat headache. Because it was something like 106 degrees, man. (In North-of-Zion where I reside, it was 55 degrees the day that I left. That's quite the difference in temperature!)
Then we walked the strip and met up with my cousin Shanna and Lisa's good buddy Melissa at Margaritaville, where Lisa and I split a most delicious (not to mention uber expensive) salad.
And then we made our way to the Bellagio to watch Cirque du Soleil "O" which is a super awesome water show that is unreal and utterly impossible to describe. It was neato! (Lisa bought my ticket for my birthday present, how awesome is she?!) There is so darn much going on that I can't even begin to figure out how the devil anybody choreographed such a show. Amazing! They even had comic relief with these two clowns who, for reasons unknown, didn't scare the crap right out of me. Geez Louise, those clowns were my favorite part of the act! (Lisa's too, but don't anybody tell the acrobats, okay?)
We eventually made our way to Uncle Kurt and Aunt Kathy's house. (Thanks again for sharing your abode and playing the gracious hosts to us, you guys!) We stayed up late talking with Kurt, Kathy and Skyler. (What can I say? They are such fun!)
Next morning, Lisa and I thought of going to Red Rock State Park...but then thought better of it, because it was approximately 90 degrees by 9am. So we improvised, and we hiked around Mt. Charleston, up to a place called Mary Jane Falls. This hike was a stellar idea (planted in our brains by, I think, Kurt and Kathy the night before). The weather there was about 72 degrees, and it was just lovely!
To Mary Jane Falls!
Along the way...
Then we walked the strip and met up with my cousin Shanna and Lisa's good buddy Melissa at Margaritaville, where Lisa and I split a most delicious (not to mention uber expensive) salad.
And then we made our way to the Bellagio to watch Cirque du Soleil "O" which is a super awesome water show that is unreal and utterly impossible to describe. It was neato! (Lisa bought my ticket for my birthday present, how awesome is she?!) There is so darn much going on that I can't even begin to figure out how the devil anybody choreographed such a show. Amazing! They even had comic relief with these two clowns who, for reasons unknown, didn't scare the crap right out of me. Geez Louise, those clowns were my favorite part of the act! (Lisa's too, but don't anybody tell the acrobats, okay?)
We eventually made our way to Uncle Kurt and Aunt Kathy's house. (Thanks again for sharing your abode and playing the gracious hosts to us, you guys!) We stayed up late talking with Kurt, Kathy and Skyler. (What can I say? They are such fun!)
Next morning, Lisa and I thought of going to Red Rock State Park...but then thought better of it, because it was approximately 90 degrees by 9am. So we improvised, and we hiked around Mt. Charleston, up to a place called Mary Jane Falls. This hike was a stellar idea (planted in our brains by, I think, Kurt and Kathy the night before). The weather there was about 72 degrees, and it was just lovely!
To Mary Jane Falls!
Along the way...It has to be said...once we reached Mary Jane Falls, we were disappointed. We came to the conclusion that it must look more impressive if you're smokin' doobies. (It's called Mary Jane Falls, people. Mary Jane.)
The...uh..."falls"
The...uh..."falls"After our hike, Lisa and I made our way to the Cheesecake Factory. We were looking something that resembles homeless, but they let us in, fed us, and took our money. I was so grateful...
Luau Salad...
(Lisa's smile is quite genuine. The Luau has got to the tastiest salad of all time!)
Pizzette...
(Don't worry, that's mozzarella cheese, not tofu!)
CHEESECAKE!!!
(I got the lemon-raspberry, Lisa got the vanilla bean)
Then we headed back to Uncle Kurt's to shower and got ready for the wedding, which took place in the Las Vegas Temple!
Oh. My. Goodness. It was so awesome to see Janell, and to see her married to her love Bruce! Such an amazing experience...I wish them all the happiness in the world!!!
Bruce and Janell
(Isn't she about the prettiest bride you've ever seen?)
Happy Family!
(Bruce has 2 cute boys from a previous marriage)
Forever friends...
Beautiful bouquet...
After the wedding and pictures, Lisa and I made our way back to Zion...stayed at a hotel in Cedar City (and slept like a champ!), went to Sacrament Meeting at a random ward, and then headed homeward.
It was a quick road trip, but it was stellar!
Luau Salad...(Lisa's smile is quite genuine. The Luau has got to the tastiest salad of all time!)
Pizzette...(Don't worry, that's mozzarella cheese, not tofu!)
CHEESECAKE!!!(I got the lemon-raspberry, Lisa got the vanilla bean)
Then we headed back to Uncle Kurt's to shower and got ready for the wedding, which took place in the Las Vegas Temple!
Oh. My. Goodness. It was so awesome to see Janell, and to see her married to her love Bruce! Such an amazing experience...I wish them all the happiness in the world!!!
Bruce and Janell(Isn't she about the prettiest bride you've ever seen?)
Happy Family!(Bruce has 2 cute boys from a previous marriage)
Forever friends...
Beautiful bouquet...After the wedding and pictures, Lisa and I made our way back to Zion...stayed at a hotel in Cedar City (and slept like a champ!), went to Sacrament Meeting at a random ward, and then headed homeward.
It was a quick road trip, but it was stellar!



5 comments:
I still can't believe how blue the skies are! We went to some Mary Jane mountain or ski resort one year. My husband and I made pot jokes the entire weekend.
ungce?
You did so many fun things while in Vegas...I'm jealous!!
So, sometimes I come up with little ideas of things I want to blog about and I'll write them down. About 10 minutes before I read this post, I'd written "buffalo sauce/BBQ sauce" Dang. I know we talked about this about a week ago, and you beat me to it! But my pizza last week also tasted like fire!
I'm so glad you had fun in Vegas! Sometime, I'd like to see more than just the gas station. Care to join me? :D
oh, Gina, you poor, silly dumb. I totally could have told you that "buffalo" is not synonymous with "barbecue." personally, I LOVE buffalo sauce, but that's reserved for wingies.
Post a Comment