I recently purchased a super cute dress. Just this past week, as a matter of fact. This is big for a couple of reasons: 1) This is the first dress I've bought (or worn) since high school. (I'm more of a "skirt girl.") And 2) I got it on sale. The mother of one of my clients sells Layers Clothing, which I really like quite a bit. Anyway...long story a little less long...I got my dress for a good price. NICE! So...Thursday evening when I showed my roommates, Brooke said words I never wanted to hear...she deemed the dress heel-worthy. HEEL WORTHY! As in high heels. I don't wear heels, ever, and never intended to own a pair! But...Brooke insisted that this dress needs heels, and our friend Kelly agreed. (THANKS, ladies...) So on Friday I went shopping and found a few pairs that might work; once Brooke got off work, I took her with me to help make the final decision.
I am now the "proud" new owner of black wedge dress shoes. (This TOTALLY deserves its own blog, don't you think?!)
Anyway...I was excited to wear my cute new dress to church, but Brooke telling me that my black ballet flats were a no-go ebbed away some of the thrill. Even more of the joy was muffled when Lisa agreed. (Lisa was my one last hope!)
I have nothing against heels. They look just fine, and supposedly they do something for one's posture (so I've heard). The thing is, I'm 5'11" barefoot, and so, quite naturally, I don't think heels are necessary. God blessed me abundantly with excessive height. And I'm good with it! I embraced all 5 feet 11 inches of me years ago. But...adding another 2 inches on top of that and I'm just going to have to feign all sorts of confidence. I mean, I'm already taller than lots of the fellas anyway...sigh...
SO...I prayed for courage to wear the heels, and I also prayed to be able to pull off an excess of feigned confidence...and it worked. Sort of. I got compliments, at least. (Compliments certainly help a girl feel better about any given situation, it seems.)
Anyway...here is a picture of me in my dress and heels. (Jason said I need to get some more. Somehow, I think this will be my one and only pair...)

8 comments:
You look so good!!! And the heels look great!!
What a babe!!! Congrats on embracing the heels! You look fantastic. I'm with everyone else...that is a "heels" sort of dress!
Hot stuff!! What's that sizzling noise? It's Gina's "hottness" haha
You look super sassy!:) I love it and I don't think you should be afraid of heels, they look awesome on you! I think you look better 6'1!!:)
You look gorgeous! Way to go! The dress and heels look fantastic on you! Way to try something new!
I would never have thought that you would ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever never never buy heels!!!!! You look beautiful in them! Did any fellas drop to their knees and ask you right there to marry them???
I think you look beautiful in that dress! I am glad you have entered into the dress world.
Of course you look lovely. Thanks for adding the link. Cute clothes. Something to keep in mind when I am no longer in the market for "waterbottle" access on my clothes. :) That's what Olea calls it... nursing.
Post a Comment