Monday, June 1, 2009

a place i love...

Ever since I moved to Idaho Falls, my roommates and I have made it a tradition to head up to Mesa Falls towards the end of May...to sorta kick off the hiking season. This past weekend, we kept that tradition alive!

It really is a great tradition; the ONLY thing I would have changed is all the nasty mosquitoes; they attacked me (and everyone) like crazy! Nasty little buggers...I've decided that mosquitoes are the devil's little devils. Hating those horrible insects! (They sucked the blood out of my ankles in particular...meh!)

The carpool: Keri, Lisa, Brooke, me and Matty...

Heading to the lower falls...
(Gina, Matthew, Taletha and Lisa)


Wade has decided he doesn't like his camera, so he asked if I would share mine with him.
He left this little number on there for me...

"If I were in a dream, I'd fly down in the hole."
-Priceless!


The Lower Falls...

Lower Falls again...
(I think this one was taken by the Wade)

The Wade knows how I feel about faux-hawks, so...
(Thanks, man...)

The entire crew at the Upper Falls...
There were 22 of us this year!

Matt, Ryan, Brenna, Patricia and Lisa

Lisa, Gina and Brooke near Upper Falls...

Look how green!!!

Upper Mesa Falls...in all her glory!
(Not sure who took this picture--me or the Wade?)

Anyway, I have about a million pictures, but I think you get the idea...It was way fun! And actually, a lot of people in our group had never been before; it was fun to see them see it for the first time!

8 comments:

Brent said...

I sometimes think I should go for another hike.Then I think, don't be such a dumb, you just got back from hiking in the tropics of Brazil in 100 degree weather. Only I never had a chance to wade through the water (not that I would want to with all the fungus, and piranhas, and alligators, and water-dwelling CHUDs anyways...)

Harward Family said...

That is a great tradition. I love Mesa Falls and haven't been there for so long. I need to take a trip with my boys and let them see it.

Eskimo Bob said...

I have a special place in my colon for Mesa Falls.

It's always been a moving experience.

I can't just drop it - it's like a deciduous dingleberry; it makes the fall but just never really detaches.

I'm glad that you make it a regular part of your routine as well.

Jeanna said...

I'm pretty sad I missed this adventure. I was so looking forward to it....oh well, next time. Looks like you all had a ton of fun. It's so beautiful up there. :-)

Hillary said...

Looks like another great adventure! It's absolutely beautiful, I can see why you go.

Becca said...

I love it up there! But I agree with you about the bugs (and stinging nettles!)

Brooke said...

I really wish I was in at least ONE of these pictures, Gina! Yeah, remember how I was there? I was the one who grabbed your butt. Yep.
So, I kind of want to play and replay Wade's video over and over again. If I was in a dream, I'd totally jump into that hole, too. Leave it to Wade to put those thoughts on video. I'm gonna come back here and watch the video every day to make me happy. I wonder if I can steal it somehow ...

Emily said...

That is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...