Monday, April 30, 2012

more annoyed than i should be...

I've had a hankering for a salted caramel hot chocolate pretty much all day, so when I had a cancellation this afternoon, I high-tailed it over to Starbucks and ordered one.

After I'd paid for said beverage, and after Mr. Starbucks had made the cocoa and topped it with whip cream and drizzled it with caramel, he said to me, "Uhhhh...it looks like we're out of salt. Looks like I'll be going to Albertson's on my break."

Can I just say...?

"That is NOT okay, guy! The salt on a salted caramel hot chocolate is at least half the point! Make right thus wrong, mister!"

Of course I didn't say any of this to Mr. Starbucks. I just felt depressed. And then a bit angry. Because? Guys, I'm weird, but I do not care for caramel without salt. (My brother Aaron has called me un-American because of this...travesty? It's weird, I get it.)

No, instead of doing anything productive, or even complaining to the guy, I sulked. And blogged about it.

Badly done, Starbucks...

salted caramel sans salt makes me frowny...

PS I know my little blog isn't super popular (not complaining, just stating the facts), but boy howdy, my last post got a lot of hits within 24 hours! I'm lucky to get 30 hits a day (maybe 50 on a good day?). But you people! I got 152 hits on that one post! It makes me think you (my "friends") like to see me make a fool of myself on such a public forum. And it really makes me ponder my life...

3 comments:

Paula Decaria said...

To make you feel a little bit better...Saturday I picked up dinner (a rare treat in our household, because it is a pain in the butt to trust other people to understand our special diets). I went through the drive-thru of Chick-fil-a and specifically ordered grilled nuggets for the boys and I. I got home before realizing they gave us regular nuggets. I'm pretty sure there was steam coming out of my ears...I vented the whole drive back, so I would be able to control myself enough to nicely explain to them how wrong they were to give people with Celiac disease nuggets...Needless to say, I'm cured from eating out for a while.

JamieG said...

feel better. the most i ever get is 5 hits a day. and that is because of my blog stalker friend.

Glen said...

what do we want ?

Canary Yellow outfits.

When do we want them?

Now

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...