Saturday, February 28, 2009

fun with missykins...

I have Fridays off. Three-day weekends totally make the work week go by much faster; plus, Friday is a good time to take care of errands and stuff.

Yesterday instead of running all the errands I thought about running, I went to lunch with my dear friend Missy(kins)! I was about to finish up my visit-teaching (down to the wire!) when I got a text from Missy asking, "Are you free for a lunch date?" HECK YEAH, I was! So I totally went with it. I finished up my VTing, ran a few errands, and met up with Missy at TGI Friday's. We partook of some delicious burgers (hooray for red meat!) and then decided we hadn't gotten enough of each other, so we chilled at my place for a couple more hours.

Yeah...I really like this girl. Missy and I became friends shortly after she moved into the IF 1st branch a couple of years ago. Then she went off and got married (to a splendid guy, of course!). She even asked me to be her Maid of Honor. :)

Ginakins and Missykins...

So...it was totally great catching up with my cute friend Missy. I love that even though she's married and lives on the opposite side of town and we don't get to chill very often, it really seems like nothing has changed. We still talked as openly as ever and goofed off in the traditional Gina/Missy fashion.

It. Was. Awesome.

Me and Missy at my place...

The truth about our friendship...

Thanks for the stupendous afternoon, Missy! I heart you!

4 comments:

Melissa Giles said...

I LOVE the way you right, it is absolutely the truth. I love thee, Gina-kins!

Melissa Giles said...

... And your weenuses... weeni?!?

Becca said...

Your dress is so cute!!

Emily said...

You looked super cute in that picture and it is so nice to have good friends married or single!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...