Wednesday, October 21, 2009

mr. cooper & a blast from my past...

Alice Cooper returned to Idaho Falls on Monday night. And I watched it all go down. FROM THE SECOND ROW, baby! Cameron and I met up just outside the Civic around 5:20 and chatted in the cold until they opened the doors at 7:00. (Actually, Cameron got there around 5:00 and saved us a spot in line, which is why we were in the second row. Thanks, Cam!)

Once inside, we sat down (in row 2!) and talked some more until the opening band (some local yokles whose songs all sounded the same) performed at 8:00. Then we sat and waited some more while Mr. Cooper's roadies set up his stage.

And then the concert began!

The pictures:

I loved the stage set-up...

Alice and his 2 (amazing!) guitarists, Damon Johnson and Keri Kelli...

Mr. Alice. Cooper.

"Vengence is Mine!"


Fistful of Alice...
(We really were in row 2, but people crammed in front of us. Plus there were the VIP people way up front...)


And then on Tuesday, late-morning, I had brunch with my pal Carrie Cook. We were roommates my first semester at BYU-Idaho (Jan. 2001). We've kept in contact over time, but haven't seen each other in at least 2 years. She's living in Denver, but came home for a long weekend (she's from Rigby). It was stupendous to see her!

Me and Carrie...

Outside Perkins...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...