I've been back from NYC for something like 11 days (but who's counting?), and I've only done a couple of posts about My Adventures in the Big Apple; and although I'm still kinda laughing over the Bum post, I haven't really done my trip the justice it deserves.
I swear, those posts (the ones that will do it justice, I mean) are on their way, I swear it unto you! Just know I have a really good excuse for not jumping right back into the blogging game.
I have my reasons!
Mostly it's that time went on without me while I was away, the way it always does! (What's up with that anyway, universe?) So yeah, between work and church and softball (we won both games last week!), I've been kept pretty busy.
Plus, the one Saturday I've been back in Idaho, I was kept spectacularly busy: driving up to Mesa Falls, "hiking around" Mesa Falls, driving back from Mesa Falls, taking a quick nap, getting the house ready for a pot luck, enjoying the pot luck and my visitors, and watching that truly heinous movie with Janae and Jess. (No sweat, Janae! I'm still not judging!) -And that was just Saturday!
Anyway, I'm sure I care more about my NYC trip more than all y'all do, but in my own little fantasy world, you're all dying to see and read about Taking On the City: Ginabean Style. It's coming, friends.
While I already have your attention, I'll show you the few pictures I took at Mesa Falls and all that jazz...
First, softball...
One time when I was up to bat last Wednesday, I swung with all my might and ended up bunting.
So I ran for all I was worth and ended up falling onto first base. (I lack grace?) My already-scabby-knee got torn up, and the previous scab was loosened entirely. It was gross. And hurty.
So I ran for all I was worth and ended up falling onto first base. (I lack grace?) My already-scabby-knee got torn up, and the previous scab was loosened entirely. It was gross. And hurty.
Like I said, this past Saturday, a group of us went up to Mesa Falls for our traditional Mesa Falls "hike." I think there were about a dozen or so who went this year...but most of them wanted to meet at 7:30am; Keri, Aaron and I wanted to meet a bit later, so we did. It was the plan to meet up with them at the falls, but we never really specified which falls (upper or lower), and so...we kind of didn't technically meet up with the rest of the group until lunchtime. (We've always started out at Lower Mesa, so I thought, naturally, that our group would've gone there first. Boy were we wrong!) So yeah; all these pictures will just be of our small group...
(the falls were huge this year
because of all the rain and snow we've gotten!)
so Keri gave him a piggyback. For a few steps, at least.
Anyway, I've given you my word that more NYC posts are on their way, and I am a man of my word!
3 comments:
ya know, this reminds me of a song; "ob la di, ob la da, life goes on, na na why don't you get a job"
...wait, I think I quoted that wrong
it does...we seem to think that if we live our little corner of the universe that everything magically stands still there whilst we are off on our little adventures and then we're always surprised when we come back to find that no in fact people still did what they do...and work piled up for us in our absence. rude.
I wanna go to Mesa Falls. It is beautiful!
Post a Comment