Saturday, October 29, 2011

F is for Family

I LOVE MY FAMILY. So much, I love them.

I love them for more reasons than I can list. God did a good job in placing me with the people who are perfect for me. We share similar quirks. (In fact, I blame my mama for most of my quirks. She loves to hear it, I think :)

Anyway...about a month and a half ago when I was down in Utah to visit, we got family pictures taken.

We are sixteen-strong (six children--two of them babies), the weather was ridiculously rainy so we couldn't go outside for our pictures, the photographer's studio was small, and some of us (read: I) blink at inopportune moments. Yes, our photographer had his work cut out for him.

Mom wishes she could change a few things about the portrait, but I kinda dig it. In fact, I think it represents us pretty well.

This is the final product. After much editing and photo-shopping...
Despite Abby and me being hunched over a little bit as we're helping with the 4-year-old boys as well as a few other quirks (I told you it runs in the family!), I think we're a rather good-looking bunch.

You see, family photography is a process...
Mr. Photographer did well with what we gave him! :)
Aaron & Amy's cute family
Vance & Abby's cute family
Ryan & Janel's cute family
Action Jackson

Mr. Marshall laughs a lot. (And isn't it a cute laugh?)
Sethington
Janiecakes
Kayleebug

Mr. Emmett
After taking hundreds of pictures, the little family units left and Mama had Brent and me stick around for single portraits (since we're sans-spouse and babies at this point in our lives). Fortunately, the clouds parted and the sun came out, so we were able to do our pictures outside.

I do not love being photographed alone...makes me uncomfortable!
I think Brent looks so handsome in that shirt!
 Anyway. There you have it. Family Portraits have been checked off "the list." (Last time we had family pictures, there was only one child--Jackson--and it was taken before Brent's mission. I think it was something like six years ago?)

And I know pictures don't express personality the way talking with a person does, but can you kind of understand why I adore my family so much??

Love to you all, O-fam!

8 comments:

Elise said...

I love everything about that picture of you! You're so gorgeous & I want your hair :)

Emily Burt said...

I think that picture of you is super hot! Fun family pics, I thought Amy said you did get outside pictures of everyone? I must say I love the one where Aaron is holding Emmetts head :)

Court and Jill said...

So cute!!! I love your "individual" shot :)

Brent said...

I love my family. I hate taking family pictures.

Katie Joyce said...

You have uber cute nieces and nephews.

And your portrait is pretty hot.

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

I LOVE that picture of you...it was BEAUTIFUL!! All the pictures turned out so great!!

Harward Family said...

Fun pictures!! I love family photos and seeing the different personalities in everyone. Your photo is AMAZING by the way. You look great!!

Suzanne said...

your nieces and nephews are adorable! families literally are the. best. i love the pic of you as well. where did you get your sweet mustard colored jacket? i love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...