Monday, November 7, 2011

My Halloweekend in Utah...

Do you ever get to feeling that, although life is fantastic and you're grateful for all the blessings and people who surround you every day, you just GOTTA GET THE HECK OUTTA DODGE?

I'm not going to lie, I get like that every so often (but I'm not gonna say how often)...

Honestly? I love my life. Maybe I'm not exactly where I thought I'd be at the ripe-old age of 29 (married with a child or two?), but my life is awesome!

*Great job? (check)
*Amazing friends? (check, a million times over)
*Stupendous family? (check, check, check, check, check, check, CHECK!)
*Dependable car? (umm...sometimes? PS After my one post, I went to get my tires rotated, only to be told it was definitely time to purchase new tires. Several hundreds of dollars later...BLAH! Oh well, safety first! Oh yeah! CHECK!)
*A lovely home with lovely roommates? (check, check)
*Lots of other stuff? (check)

You get the idea: it's great to be me!

Having said that...the last weekend in October, I was definitely at the point where I needed to get away from my everyday life and to chillax in the land of my inheritance.

Spending time with my family is about the best thing I can even think of. And I got to see every member of my immediate family (plus all their offspring!) that weekend. Win/Win!!!

Dad, Vance and Jane came with me to babysit my awesome nephews in L-Town while Aaron and Amy went to SLC for Emily and Chris's sealing (so happy for them!).

I also got to spend extra time with Abby and Jane; they came with me to drive to Provo so I could hand deliver a (belated) birthday gifty to Lisa just after she finished her half marathon (darn me for not getting any pictures of me and Lisa!).

Then...I don't even really remember what else went down. (Maybe that sounds like a wasted trip to some of you, but I think sometimes those weekends are the best!)

Oh yeah...I watched True Grit with Vance, Abby and Brent. I thought I didn't really care to ever watch that show, but it turns out I was wrong. It's really pretty good! (That Jeff Bridges is a good actor.)

Also, I went to Regional Conference with my family.

Painted mom's toe nails and visited with her until most people would think we'd be sick of it, but we weren't, and we just kept right on chatting.

Dad was offered the job of his dreams! (You are lucky to have him, Deseret Book!)

Also, I stayed in town Sunday night and took Monday (Halloween) off. Just so I could spend some extra time with my stupendous family.

Yeah. Getting out of dodge was fantastic!

The proof is in the pictures, I suppose...

This fat little Emmett? He's got my heart.
Stealing kisses from Seth. He was totally asking for it...
Jumping Jackson...
This cute little cherub loves him some french fries...
Ah, Seth is such a handsome kiddo...
Me and my Janiebug

We went for a walk...and Jane liked keeping her hand on Emmett's fuzzy head, for some reason :)

On Friday night, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle showed up at Mom and Dad's place...
And lately, this little muffin has turned into a DANCING MACHINE! As soon as she hears music, she gets this adorable goofy grin on her sweet face, and she shakes her groove thang. So cute!
Also, Goose got Kaylee laughing pretty hard.
I love the sound of her laughter!

I got a few pictures of Janie and Aaron's family in their Halloween costumes, but I think I'll save those for my next post.

I sure did love my time in Brig! Thanks, family! I love you!!!

5 comments:

Glen said...

you convinced me :-)

Brent said...

It still cracks me up that Jane was resting her hand on Emmett's head. Also, Jeff Bridges is awesome.

Elyse said...

Okay, your story on my blog made me laugh my guts out. I still am laughing out loud about it. Thanks for sharing. Totally made my day :)

DeeAura said...

You are going to be the world's most fantastic mom, just fyi. :) Eeesh with all the love in this post! I love it. :)

rhonda said...

Totally relate on not being where I'd planned!! But I love the turn my life has taken. I wish my fam was close enough to drive down for the weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...