Back in October of last year (3 whole months ago), I did a post about having developed an allergy to mascara (my favorite item of makeup, wouldn't you know).
It was a low blow, I'm not going to lie.
But!
Some of my blaudience came to the rescue and told me of hypoallergenic options.
I immediately went to the store and purchased some Almay mascara, and was quite pleased (and the reasons were threefold).
1. Almay mascara is less expensive than the other stuff I used to buy and love (that I'm not allowed to buy and love any more).
2. Almay mascara made my lashes look lovely. (Maybe I loved it so much because I had gone a handful of weeks without any? But really, I liked the way it looked.)
3. Almay mascara didn't aggravate my eyes! Win/win/win!
Except that...a few weeks ago (just before I went home for Christmas break, I think), my eyes felt that familiar, irritating itch.
As it turns out, I'm allergic to the hypoallergenic stuff.
I know this, because I've gone without the mascara for a few weeks now, and, having changed nothing else in my beautification process (i.e., no new cleansers, moisturizers, etc.), my eyes haven't gotten itchy. The only thing I've changed was giving up the mascara.
It hardly seems fair, don't you think?
As ridiculous as it seems, I still feel like I'm not ready to give up on mascara entirely; I'm bound to find something that works, right?!
So I went back to my original, sad little post and searched the comment section again. ("Searched" is a very generous word: there were only 5 comments to look through--but that's hardly the point.) Eva recommended checking out a place called 100percentpure.com, so I did. I checked it out. And my 100% natural fruit pigmented mascara is on its way.
I'll let you know the verdict after I've tried it for a while. (Just you try and stop me!)
Here's hoping that this natural stuff works!!!
7 comments:
That is really sad. It's hard to have something taken away that makes you feel more feminine.. Oh... good luck. P.S. I loved your last post even though you felt boring. Your resolutions are awesome!
:) I hope it works for you! I've never tried their mascara myself, but I have tried other products from them and was very happy. Here's hoping a chemica-free product is what your eyes are asking for?!
here's to fruit in your eye! p.s. you and your roomies could do bountiful baskets together and then you would have lots of fresh fruit to try (and veggies too) for your resolution.
wear the mascara and OD on Pyriton
or glue false ones on
or smile and be natural - smiles light eyes up better than any make up
mascara is oxygen to my beauty routine...if you aren't allergic to shadow, can you mix a black shadow w/some water/vaseline and apply that w/a clean mascara brush?
Good luck, dear!
I really don't care about this, but I'm trying to be supportive. Your eyes are really pretty in that picture. You should accentuate them more, and de-emphasize your personality.
I hope you find some that works. I have really bad eye issues so I can totally sympathize.
Post a Comment