Tuesday, June 26, 2007

June 22; Angel's Landing...

The next morning we got up right around 5:45am to get ready to head back to Zion NP. Janell took Friday off so she could join us for this lovely hike!!! We got there and hopped off the shuttle at The Grotto where our trail head was. We started our hike right around 8am.

ANGEL'S LANDING
June 22, 2007


Starting out...8am and it's already sunny and a getting warmer.

This hike has lots of switchbacks and is mostly straight up.

This little number is called Walter's Wiggle.
It's 31 short switchbacks, and straight up, as you can see.
I'm not gonna lie to you; I was out of breath after hiking this bad boy...

Jason's pretty artsy with a camera.
I rather like this shot...


Roomies! Gina, Brooke, Lisa


Once we finished the switchbacks, I read a sign that said we had only 1/2 mile to go to our final destination, and this pleased me! But then I saw what was left to hike and I tried not to panic...it was fairly steep, with sheer drop-offs on either side. -I guess I don't realize how afraid of heights I am until I'm up in them. I guess the hike up wasn't so bad, but coming back down forced me to look down...and I didn't like that part!


So this shows how steep it got at parts.
I wouldn't've made it without the chain to grasp onto!

Another picture to show how steep the drop-offs were.

Climbing...(look at that tight grip on the chain!)

The crew...going up

The crew up on top!!!


The gals...


The fellas...

I love the panorama behind my friends in this shot...

This is Jason on Angel's Landing.

A view from our trail...

The descent...

One of my favorite pics from this hike...


Everybody...




1 comment:

Delene said...

Great photos! Thanks to you and Jason for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...