Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas taggety-tag...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, all the way.

2. Real or artificial tree?
I haven't ever been in charge of that, but we've always had an artificial, and I kinda like it.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Umm...the weekend after Christmas? I'm not really in charge though...

5. Do you like eggnog?
Not even a little bit. :x

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
One year (when I was 6 or so) I got a radio/tape player; it was light purple and I LOVED it. I also really loved it when I got Cabbage Patch Kids.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My brother Vance.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Probably Brent or Aaron.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Sort of...I made a tile one, with a picture of baby Jesus in the middle, Joseph on the left, and Mary on the right. I love it.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
MAIL! I've seriously never heard of Christmas e-cards, and the idea seems wrong.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I don't recall a really bad Christmas gift...I mean the package of socks or underwear was never the most exciting gift, but I never remember turning up my nose to them. Oh yeah, and I just remembered I got a bunch of socks last year for Christmas and was rather pleased about it. :)

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
A Muppet Christmas Carol. It just ain't Christmas if I don't watch it at least once during the season!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Whenever I find something that I know someone will like. I always want to be done before Black Friday, because that's, like, my own personal hell...as much as I don't love to shop, I really do enjoy picking out gifts for loved ones...but the lines and the traffic are killjoys.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I might have...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Fruitcake. PSYCH! (That's so yucky!) I heart Mom's home-cookin'.

16. Lights on the tree?
My favorite is the all-white Christmas lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night is my all-time favorite, especially the one by Josh Groban. LOVE IT. I also really get a kick out of The 12 Days of Christmas by John Denver and the Muppets.

18. Travel at Christmas, or stay home?
Well, I travel in order to stay home. (I drive to Brigham to chill with my family.) We always did the stay-home-for-Christmas thing, and I'm a big fan.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yeah. I've been a pro since I was in Kindergarten.

20. Angel or star at the top of the tree?
STAR, all the way.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Do people actually open all of their gifts on Christmas Eve? I've never heard of such a thing! We usually open one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The traffic and the lines at every single store. (Even running into the grocery store for a few essential items takes FOREVER!)

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My favorite is an all-white tree; white lights, white pearl garland, white tatted snowflakes (made by my dear Gramma O.), and white bulbs. Beautiful!

24. Favorite Christmas dinner?
We usually do turkey and all the trimmings...I love it.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A Peacoat and some surprises? I'm mostly just really dang excited to spend time with family!

I tag...Maria, Becca, Sara, and Susan.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm half way! Due April 27th.

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

That is a fun tag!! I'm with you, I love Christmas!!

Brooke said...

I'm stealing this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...